Home swapping a growing trend in Dallas-Fort Worth
12:44 AM CST on Tuesday, December 16, 2008
By ERIC AASEN / The Dallas Morning News
I'll buy your house if you'll buy mine.
Some people trade baseball cards or Olympic pins. Richard Tworek might want to trade his Allen home for yours.
He's among thousands of homeowners in North Texas and across the country who are ditching the ritual of buying new abodes and selling their old ones. Instead, they're trying home swapping, sort of an online home-dating service.
Would-be swappers post pictures and vivid descriptions of their homes online, hoping to attract other homeowners looking to trade. Ideally, they buy each other's property.
GoSwap.org Home Swapping in The News
- Home swapping a growing trend in Dallas-Fort Worth
- LA Times about GoSwap.org
- Home swapping is featured in Money Magazine and CNNMoney.com
- Successful home swapping story on National Public Radio NPR
- NPR Interview Request - GoSwappers, be on the radio!
- National Media Coverage: CBS News, Wall Street Journal
- CBS News is looking for completed swaps
- GoSwap.org Featured on Yahoo! Finance and TheStreet.com
- GoSwap is featured in Yahoo! which led to server overloads....