How to increase chances of a successful swap
The short answer is increase your listing exposure and below are some tips on how to accomplish that at little or no cost.
- We know this is repeating, but start with a well written listing description, clearly stated swap criteria, and include many pictures. Show people that you are serious, ready to deal.
- Periodically send out tons of swap proposals yourself and do it preferably utilizing our new public swap proposals feature so that other people can
see your listings and perhaps reply if they have what you are looking
for. Search our site for all matches, and email each owner you might
consider swapping with. Make sure to look through those who are
considering swapping for any location--these owners might be very open
to any swap proposals.
- Be sure to save your searches (hint: you must be
logged in, then click save search just above search results) and we
will email you all new swaps that match your criteria, on weekly basis.
You can always delete and modify your searches and stop the
- Advertise your listing on other sites as well, such as
craigslist.org, although craigslist is usually only beneficial if you
are swapping within your metropolitan area. Craigslist does not offer
any kind of matchmaking service, so searching for multi-state swaps is
not possible. Use listing sharing tools under "Seller Tools" within your listing where we provide you with HTML widget that will allow visitors on other websites to view your listing. Check out linking options and some additional
benefits and also
view our guide on selling real estate in the slow market.
- If you'd like to really maximize your efforts and take the full
advantage of the internet, consider listing upgrades, such as
Guaranteed 2,000 listing views for $99 (or about 5 cents per direct
visitor). We will actually pay per click to Google so that visitors
come to your listing from other sites based on specific keywords taken
from your listing.